Blog Archive

Monday, May 16, 2022

Cozy Front Porch Furniture Arrangement & Budget Decorating Idea's


We don't clean the furniture on the porch very often,   but it was time to drag it out to the drive way and give it a good spring cleaning.       After it had dried and we began to put it back on the porch,   I didn't want to just put it back where it came from.   


 
All the furniture has been in the same place for several years,   so it was time to give the porch a fresh new look for spring.


I've always had the side board up against the wall and with the brick column in front of it,   you really couldn't see it very well as you approached the front door.    I wanted to make it a focal point so we turned it around......


By turning the side board around,   it created a "wall" and made the porch entry feel so much more cozy & welcoming!


I've always wished there was a porch light next to the front door,  so I put a vintage pole lamp there to welcome everyone to our home.   


I put a big mirror on the back of the side board to reflect all the new lighting.....then added a small standing mirror that I bought at a yard sale over the weekend.





Yard sale finds are such a budget friendly way to decorate a home don't you think?    I added another birdhouse to my ever growing collection....lol!


See how the brick column hid my side board.....


I can't wait to show you guys how I'm going to decorate the other side of my "wall" 
 

I've had a big mirror on this wall for several years and always felt it looked really plain.   I can't really put any decor under the mirror or the front door will hit it when we come in or out.


An old flat piece of fence added some charm to the mirror and doesn't interfere with the front door opening.   
  I look out my front door all the time,   so I seldom hang a wreath on it.   I feel a wreath is almost a necessity on the front porch....so welcoming!   So,  I normally hang a wreath next to the door on the sideboard,  but for a change I hung it on the mirror.


I created a floral design for the porch using a metal Welcome Shovel and lots of pretty pink flowers.





Now for some more budget friendly decorating.     The porch entry opening is pretty wide and I've always felt the corbels were a little small.


I found these bigger corbels at Hobby Lobby for 75%  off.     


I love how the new corbels have a touch of black and also a little wood on them. 


The sun is starting to set and it's time for H & I to relax on the porch with a glass of wine.   

 Have a wonderful evening....hugs







6 comments:

  1. What a love the makeover, I love the light you have added, such a welcome addition in the evening. Thank you for sharing on Wonderful Wednesday! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a whole new space; what a lovely makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inviting cozy porch, love the arrangement

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the makeover - the lights really do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch looks very "fresh" now! I love the defined space of the entry and the light coming from the pole lamp makes it look so inviting. Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators, I'll be featuring them on tomorrow's party. I think you're following me on social media, so I'll set up your post to be featured across my channels over the weekend. Congrats!
    XOXO,
    Niki

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!