Blog Archive

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Home is Where the Herd Is



I don't live on a farm anymore,   but for me Farmhouse decorating is more of a "feeling" than a location.     So,  with that being said.....my home will always be "Where the Herd" is.     I am partial to cows but I love all farm animals.....sheep,  pigs,  chickens,  all of them! 


We milked Holstein's when I lived on a farm so I decorate more with black and white cows than any other breed.   Also,   I love to decorate with black & white Buffalo check and Holstein's go so well with that.




.    Things change all the time around here....lol!     I changed the centerpiece on the coffee table ....this is the before photo and the after is the picture above this one.   I like it both ways....do you have a favorite?


I've added some brown and white cows (Guernsey's) to this side of the family room since you last saw it.     


I added a Guernsey cow pillow to the sofa ......



I have a Guernsey cow hide pillow on the other side of the sofa.....and I've scattered some Guernsey prints in with the Holstein prints that were already on the table. 


I mentioned earlier in the post that I changed up the centerpiece on the coffee table.    I had a green grassy runner there before and I replaced it with this architectural piece that I bought at a yard sale last week end ($3)


I also took away some of the stuff on the coffee table to make it less cluttered.     Like I said earlier....things change around here all the time!


I bet you are wondering why I have a blanket under the white recliner!    H & I like a cozier furniture arrangement in the evenings when we are relaxing in our recliners.    The blanket makes it easier to slide the recliner over and also keeps it from scratching the floor.    The kids laugh at us about the blanket under the recliner!    


Yep,    I have quite a herd in the family room.....but they make it feel like home to me!    







 

2 comments:

  1. How perfect is this! Such cute cow pillows and the centerpiece on the coffee table is darling with the cow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids can laugh all they want but if their not gonna pop over every evening to move the chair for you they don't get to say do they!! :-D You've used a coordinating blanket so it looks perfectly lovely to me!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!