Blog Archive

Sunday, June 12, 2022

Old Sewing Machines Upcycled into Home Decor

 

I had 2 old crusty rusty sewing machines that I wanted to use in my decorating.    They were in such bad shape that I wasn't sure I could ever do anything to make them qualify as home decor      I thought if I surrounded them with enough pretty stuff maybe...just maybe.....I could make silk purse's out of  2 old sow's ears 


 

The area  I put the sewing machine's in is a wide spot in hall that leads to the bedrooms


      
There are mirror's and a entry table on one side of the hall.....and a built in lit cabinet on the other side 

 

The first thing I did was hang a sewing themed garland across the mirrors to set the mood.    Then I began the task of turning my old sewing machine into home decor

  

I tell ya.....this crusty rusty sewing machine didn't have much eye appeal by it's self     I was pretty pleased with how it looked after I tucked it into a pretty suitcase.....made a nest in it....and printed a Do Something Creative Every Day sign to attach to the suit case 


Satisfied with how my vignette looked......I moved across the hall to the display cabinet
 

I've found that when I have something crusty and rusty the best thing to soften it up is fabric.....and lots of it 


The second homely sewing machine I want to share with you guys is this rusty Little Mother's toy sewing machine.   I sat it in a dish of white buttons and surrounded it with white battenburg lace fabric
 

I filled the other shelves in the cabinet with pretty prints......
 
 

I am very pleased with the way the hall turned out......
 


From the end of the hallway you can see the entry in the background.    If you would like to see more of the entry,   click here......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2022/05/early-summer-entry.html

 Thanks for stopping by.....hugs

7 comments:

  1. So unique.. very lovely! Happy Sunday to you, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cute and creative!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Penny, to include your antique sewing machine in your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, this is the ultimate version of "silk purse from a sow's ear" . This will be a feature over at Handmade Monday this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    I absolutely love what you did with these old sewing machines!! So pretty! And the entire hall looks fabulous!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!! This is simply fantastic!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!