Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Midsummer Back Porch

 
Midsummer has arrived and the livin' is easy......

 


Around this same time every summer,   I notice that the back porch is looking a little tired......does anyone else ever feel the same way?


I put out some sunflower pillows and hung a couple of new garden flags to give the porch a fresh look.
I spotted this Chick Inn flag at Tractor Supply the other day and it made me smile.      I knew instantly that it needed to come home with me.......  I'm such a sucker for things that make me smile
 

Tractor Supply has so many cute things that fit in so well with the feel that I like our home to have....


So,   of course the Waddle on Inn sign had to come home with me too...lol


H stapled chicken wire over the naked windows and it has made it perfect for me to just hang all kinds of stuff on them    I mentioned earlier that I hung 2 new garden flags....the Welcome to our Porch is the other one.    I ordered it on Amazon.....


I have the doors from the sunroom open this morning,  but I will have to close them pretty soon.   It's supposed to get hot this afternoon.    H sprayed the yard and put up fly traps so we haven't had hardly any problem with those pesky insects getting into the house when the doors are open.    And when the grands stop by the doors are almost always open or at least left ajar!


My new sunflower pillow covers are a recent purchase from Amazon.    I paid $8 for 4 covers but I noticed they are less than $6 now....what a deal or should I say steal!    
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PG8HR7G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1



The Melody Springs Farm is my favorite of the 4 covers.....


I made a paper print of the pillow cover  to use in the fireplace mantel vignette


Well,   I've finished my morning coffee and my blog post....so it's time to go inside before it gets too hot out here.


Thanks for stopping by......you're always welcome on the porch!






 

4 comments:

  1. Love this...I wanna stop by for a cuppa it looks so inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch looks so inviting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, it would be fun to join you on your porch. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    I just love this sweet porch of yours!! I can see you do not get much rain and interestingly, that has been the case for us...This is the driest we have been here in NEPA and with 5 days in the 90;s with tropical dew points to boot...I could not come out of the house without being dripping wet in sweat....Awful!! Today, we are finally getting some very much needed rain!!! Love your porch!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!