Blog Archive

Monday, August 22, 2022

Cotton Boll Garland & Fall Tree in the Family Room, New Wall Art, and More

 

There are so many beautiful cotton fields in our area this time of year.    H & I took a long drive in the country last week to look at at all the crops that are almost ready to harvest....and the cotton fields were among my favorites       Although,   I have to admit I love the sunflower fields the most!


   
I hadn't decided yet how I wanted to decorate the family room for fall yet,   and the cotton fields were just the inspiration I needed to make up my mind


I created a cotton boll garland to hang across the mantel......
 

 I've had this garland for years and love it so much that I try to use it every fall.   The garland came with  little baby cotton bolls on it as well as greenery.    I added some fall leaves to the original garland to give it a little extra pop for Fall 2022.....


I've made a few cotton boll tree's over the years and have always dismanteled them after fall was over.    So,   I had to start from scratch this year......


H cut 2 pretty good sized branchs from one of the Pear tree's in the front yard and potted each branch in a vintage milk can.    Should have took a few before pics,   but you guys know me....always in a hurry!


 The faux cotton boll garlands I had on hand  had lots of tendrils already on them,   so I basicly just tied them to the pear tree branchs by twisting the tendrils together


I decided to switch out the art work to give the family room a fresh fall feel..... 


I already had all the art work on hand that I needed to make the switch.....it's so easy and inexpensive when you shop your home isn't it?      


I don't know how long I've had my white cow art work,   but it's still one of my favorites.    I hadn't used it in a few years so it was like getting a new piece......


The side tables are decorated very simply since we use them all the time for drinks and everything else....lol

 

This is one of the cotton fields that I took pictures of when we were out for our ride.    I also snaped a few shots of  the sunflower fields,    corn fields,  and the grain fields.     I'll be using those pics in some upcoming posts.



Here's a close up of the cotton flower blooms.....



And here is how they look as they morph  into cotton bolls


I always enjoy your visits so much,   please come back again soon!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from my friends!