Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Fall Wreath in the Family Room & Customised Prints


I made a new fall wreath for the family room to hang over the sofa.

 

I tucked fall leaves,   white Hydrangia's,  cotton bolls,   and little miniature white pumpkins into a grape vine wreath that I had on hand.     I don't use hot glue to secure the picks in because after fall when I take the wreath down,    I remove all the materials that were in it to use over and over again in other projects.   As long I don't hang my wreath on a door that is continually opening and closing,   I don't have any issues with the picks falling out.


 I love a layered look so I just hung my wreath over the exisitng mirror. 


I like my new wreath well enough,   but  think I like the one I made for the entry a little better.....


The one in the entry has more white flowers in it....and less green leaves.   Which one do you like the best?


I'm frequently asked where I get the prints I use in my vignettes.


Some of them I find on Pinterest but the ones I used on the sofa table are ones that I customised   Here's what I did......I took pictures of the pillow covers I am using on the sofa and love seat.    Then,   I printed the photos off on my home printer. 

\
I cut the pillow prints into different things....pumpkins,  flowers,  etc....


Then,  I created a little vignette on the plain print that I found on Pinterest....glued the pieces in place.....easy peasey


I am in the process of creating a post that will have a tour of the entire family / dining room that I plan to share on my blog in a few days.



I appreciate each and every one of your visits....come back soon.....hugs
 

 



 



5 comments:

  1. They're beautiful Penny. I agree about not using hot glue. I try not to so I can also take them apart later. LOVE the pillows and prints too. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wreaths Penny. I I also use grape vine to make wreaths without hot glue, I don`t like to see the glue and saves my flowers too. Prints are very cute, great idea. Hugs!
    https://vesna-kreativnostidrugesitnice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking pictures of your pillows and printing them for use on your quote display is very clever! Those are beautiful. Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall wreath! I like how full it is. Also -- I really like your choices of pale, neutral colors for fall decor. Much more attractive than full-out, bold oranges, browns, and russets.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color scheme you used in your wreath over the sofa! Thank you for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!