Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Quick Fix for a Hail Damaged Hanging Basket of Flowers


We've had lots of rain storms & hail here in Eastern New Mexico the last few weeks......normally we're dry as a bone!     My plants really took beating and some of them looked pretty bad.   

 This one was pretty much a loss as you can see in the before photo.     It looked awful bad,  but I decided to play Dr and put a few "band aids" on it just to see if there was any salvage to it....lol!    I added some faux flowers,  moss,  and   greenery to the beat up and bald spots


I was super pleased with the outcome....what do you think?  


Here's some of the moss and greenery I added.....


 Some small yellow flowers to match the ones that were left on the basket after the hail storm


Finally,   I added some pink flowers since they were a total loss in the storm


Here's a trick I use when I'm trying to add a distraction to something that isn't as pretty as I would like it to be!

I placed some cute squirrels  to distract you from looking too close at the Doctored  up plant!


Did your eye go first to the squirrel or the plant?


The insurance adjuster was here today,   and they will put a new roof on the house and most of the out buildings in the yard.....what a mess!


Thanks for stopping by.....you're ALWAYS welcome here!




 





4 comments:

  1. Wow, that has to have been bad....good luck with the new roof. Ours was over 30k last year, but it was simply old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had hail too.I think that's a great fix. I have a squirrel just like yours. Never have sent them any where else. Got it from a garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry this happened. I still don't get your email newsletter and it makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your hail. You did a great job with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!