Blog Archive

Monday, June 19, 2023

Our Front Porch has a Fresh look for Summer



The severe hail storms that have plagued Eastern New Mexico over the last few weeks have really took a toll on our yard and home.    


The hail really did a number on the big flower box on our front porch,    so we decided to take it down instead of trying to repair it  


The flower box gave the porch some privacy,   but it also blocked our view of the front yard.


BEFORE.....


                                                                          AFTER.....


The fountain had stopped working,   so I decided to bring new life to it as a planter.     I don't think we've had near as many mosquito's now that the water is gone.....lol!


The new planter also  gave some color to the front yard and created a little more curb appeal!  

 
H moved the white metal gliders to each side of the planter.      When we entertained some of our guests on the porch and part sat on the side....not very cozy! 


Now all the seating is in the same area and is so much cozier! 







2 comments:

  1. I like the new look and hope the storms are over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear you have had hail storms Penny. I know what you mean about the privacy, but I love it both ways. Great planter! My mom used an old fountain on her patio as a planter, I love the idea. I am hoping when our gate goes up we will be able to have more things in our yard. I use your posts for inspiration when I am able to get things going back there.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!