Blog Archive

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Come On Winter!....Melt into Spring





Is anyone else ready for this cold weather to "melt into spring"????



I finished decorating the entry for Winter and I just can't get my heart into decorating any more of the house that way!



I created a winter design to hang over the bench in the entry.....

I am in love with the little girl and her snowman friend playing in the snow outside the winter greenhouse.....


 
The snowman's mother is hiding behind a tree
 just smiling as she watches them play......


 

I've been doing some spring cleaning in some of the closets and found this glass tiered stand.....I had forgot I even had it!     It used to be a lamp but the works had been removed when I bought it at a yard sale. 
I decided to use my new found treasure as a Winter tiered stand in the entry




The top tier is a gorgeous etched glass chimney.     I filled it with faux snow and set a snowflake pick
 down in the snow....

The second tier has two sweet birds in the snow enjoying a bird seed Christmas ornament....


The third tier has a single bird on a snow flake eating his birdseed ornament.... 




Since you can see the other wall of the entry in this photo,    I thought I would share it too
 
 


 I hung a white snowball wreath on the wall..... 


Now for a closer look at the entry table...... 

A winter bird has made it's home in the vintage hat box that I planted the lit birch tree in....

I  created a winter scene with clip art.     I love the cat with glasses on sitting in the window reading a book.    You can see a beautiful winter scene outside thru the window....





Thank you for stopping by today......stay warm! 


2 comments:

  1. White is beautiful and we are so frozen white NORTH here in Chicagoland, I just added a bunch of red to the house, lol. Hugs, you will be green far sooner than we will.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!