Blog Archive

Sunday, January 7, 2024

Transitioning our Home to Winter Decor



I  have a routine that I follow each year to transition our home decor from Christmas to winter 

  First,    I pack up all the Santa's and anything else that just screams Christmas.....


 Then,   I address the tree's!   
  I'm still loving the warm glow of my lit tree's so I just take off all the ornaments and leave my naked tree's up  for a few more weeks....lol!
 

I decorate our home for winter with birds,  snowballs....    




SNOWmen,  snowfakes ....well,  I think you see where I'm going with this! 

   

 
   I use plenty of snowy serene colors in my winter vignettes



Speaking of snow....we did get about an inch yesterday.....



The snow didn't last long though and by noon the sun had come out and most of it had melted.     We are supposed to have more snow coming in on Monday  
 


I hope my winter art brought a smile to your face.....


This winter print is a little different than the one I shared at the beginning of my post..   

 I couldn't decide which cat and  background I liked the best,    so I just used them both!    












 

6 comments:

  1. Love the reading cats with glasses!! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations...I love this time of winter !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that studious kitty! Happy New Year, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely transition. The pink is a nice touch. I've done a similar thing where I keep the white lights up (it's still dark this time of year!) and anything woodsy. I love it. I'm visiting from the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. (If you're interested, I'd love to see you share this post at my linkup as well: https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/calling-fellow-bloggers.html)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the second kitty better - it has a "softer" look - probably a female kitty ! ! ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Penny. Love the calm white colors. The kitty is darling. I am pleased to feature your lovely post at Love your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!