Blog Archive

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Hallroom....what is it and what is it used for!


At the end of the long hallway that leads to the bedrooms.   I have what is known,,,, for lack of a better word......  as the "wide spot in the hall" or the Hallroom!

On one wall,   there is a large built in cabinet that was designed to be used as a linen closet.      I took off the doors and turned it into a lit display cabinet.
  



On another wall,   there is a pretty good sized table similar to an entry or sofa table....



Our "hallroom" is about as big as the little bitty  entry H & I had in our home when we were first married....
Can anyone think of a better word that could be used to describe such an area???


I have the "hallroom"  decorated in a pre spring theme....is pre spring even a word?    I know you guys are used to seeing lots of pink in my designs but for this one I went out of my comfort zone and used lots of blue... 


The table is covered with a lovely vintage tablecloth....and has a  vignette on it consisting of a barn picture,   lamb figures,    a couple of clipart pictures and a large blue floral design....

 
  SO,   when H yells "where are you?'    Am I just simply in the hall,   the hallroom,  or the wide spot in the road!



Can you imagine how congested this area gets early in the morning when everyone starts coming in and out of the bedrooms,  bathrooms,  and  the utility room   (yep.   there's  always a line formed in the hall   to use the iron)

Have a wonderful Day!






 



1 comment:

  1. Penny, you've really used this space beautifully. So much pretty to see and enjoy! I love the "Hallroom"!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!