Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Gunne Sax Pumpkin

I decorated part of  the entry for fall today.   I decided to use some of the more "traditional " fall colors this year,,,,, and of course some pink.  
 First I gathered up some  fall flowers to make a centerpiece for the table that sits just inside the front door.
.


Then,  I made a pumpkin from left over fabric from  Gunne Sax dress that  I had used to make a vanity skirt in the guest bathroom.

I used the satin underskirt to make the pumpkin and  topped my pumpkin with part of the ruffled collar/

I arranged my pumpkin and fall flowers in a concrete bowl.   

The centerpiece sets on a mirror and also has a mirror behind it,  so the reflections show the centerpiece from the top.   front,  back,  side and even underneath!

I used the sash from my Gunne Sax dress to make a bow for the ceiling tile piece that I have on an easel.    I "framed" part of the dress just for fun.

So,  my $2 dress has now made a pumpkin,   dressed up my ceiling tile,  and I used the
 lacy overlay that was on the dress skirt to make a skirt for the bathroom vanity.

    I still have enough fabric left  to make a couple of smaller pumpkins to use in another vignette's in the entry way!


http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/2015/09/hidden-treasures.html
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/2015/09/home-sweet-home-236.html
http://shabbyartboutique.com/2015/09/shabbilicious-friday-link-party-109.html
http://www.frenchcountrycottage.net/2015/09/feathered-nest-friday.html
http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/09/idea-box-thursday-link-party-26.html

25 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin is spectacular!! Very good thrifting. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my fave Penny! Just beautiful.. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how I loved Gunne Sax dresses! my sister's wedding dress was from there, your pumpkin has the perfect lacy feminine feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pumpkin! What a great way to upcycle lacey dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is one beautiful pumpkin! Penny, everything you touch turns into what I call gorgeous!! You've got great talent and style!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pumpkin is stunning. You are so creative, Penny!
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very thrifty, and the best hint I think is the huge mirror under this arrangement…it fools the eye and makes the arrangement taller----and even more spectacular. Love this….Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! Very pretty presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful display! I am in love with that pumpkin! Thanks for sharing at Inspiration Thursday! Have a great Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Penny
    Wow, your pumpkin is fabulous!! You are really good at making pumpkins, your arrangement is just gorgeous. You should maybe sell your pumpkins they are so pretty
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful and very creative. What great uses of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great! So shabby! It reminds me of my mom's wedding dress, which we cut and ripped up and used all through the decor of my DIY wedding. It's amazing how much use you can get out of one piece of clothing right! Thanks for sharing on the #HomeMattersParty. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! I am looking forward to a day off Monday to make some pumpkins! I can't sew, but there are plenty of no sew tutorials out there so I am hoping they will turn out ok. Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pumpkin is pretty. It reminds me of a decorative pumpkin that Cinderella's Fairy Godmother would have in her lovely cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pumpkin, looks great with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This turned out absolutely beautiful Penny! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the What to do Weekends party! Pinned and Tweeted! Happy Saturday! :)
    Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning pumpkin! Thank you for sharing it with FineCraftGuild.com at SHARE IT 27, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got a lot of use out of that dress Penny. I love the pumpkin! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! So pretty. Thanks for sharing at The Living With Style Linky Party! Hope to see you again tomorrow. :)
    Lory
    www.therobinsnestdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pumpkin in that urn is gorgeous! I used to have several of those dresses. I loved them! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that gorgeous pumpkin Penny and I'm delighted to be featuring it at tomorrow's Shabbilicious Friday party.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will share this at Home Sweet Home today as a feature Penny! Just loved how you did this! Shabbylicious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love, love, love this post. (Actually, I love all your posts.) Thanks for your beautiful pictures and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!