Blog Archive

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Tea Room from Old Windows and Doors



H and I usually sit on the front porch to drink coffee in the morning,  but today we decided to have our coffee in the back yard.

  While we were out there,  I couldn't resist taking photo's of the gorgeous trumpet vine that is growing up the back and on top of the tea room.....and of course,  a few photo's of the tea room.

H constructed my tea room several years ago (about 8 or 9)  from old doors and windows that we accumulated over the years.....longest yard sale trip and misc.  yard sales.    The tea room sits right to the side of my studio.



I haven't made any changes to the tea room since you last saw it,   but some of you may not have seen that post so I'll show you around again......



The tea room is not very big....3 doors wide and 2 doors deep.....


Just big enough to get in....sit down....and enjoy a cup of tea


H made the pink bench from a headboard and a jenny lind footboard

There are shelves around the top of the tea room that hold everything I need to have a tea party.....


I also store some of my party dishes on the shelves.....you can see a stack of them on the shelf....in the corner.


I made this wreath from odds and ends cups and saucers.  

 I have a short tutorial on how I made it....here's a link to that post....  http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2015/03/how-to-make-china-tea-cup-wreath.html

I have an outdoor  sitting area on each side of the tea room

You can see some of H's squash plants in this photo.        H has his squash in several containers around the yard and they have lots of yellow blooms on them....he picked the first squash a few days ago and we had it for lunch.    The squash plant at the end of the settee is in a old iron  wheel barrow that belonged to my granddad     The squash plant back by the clothes line is in a large planter and if you look close you will see there is a smaller squash plant in the vintage washing machine next to it.


Here's a different angle that shows another squash plant in an old garden cart........

I hope you enjoyed a look in the tea room and around the yard.....come back soon......you're always welcome!




http://blog.bernideens.com/2016/06/vintage-hill-farm-for-bttcg-blog-party.html
http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/2016/06/no-place-like-home_27.html
http://www.skiptomylou.org/made-by-you-monday-6/
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/
http://www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com/
http://www.marcelacavaglieri.com/2016/06/finde-frugal-130.html
http://shoestringelagance.blogspot.com/2016/06/what-to-do-weekends-179.html
http://www.thepinjunkie.com/

33 comments:

  1. Oh, how I could sit there all day long...thank you for sharing. Breathtakingly beautiful. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, This is so romantic! I would have my morning tea out here every day! I love the little tea cups having from the ceiling beam and the pink settee, and especially that amazing wreath! I must go to your post and see how you made it. Just beautiful! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all of your spaces, your tea room is gorgeous. That trumpet vine is so pretty. We have one also but it grows little trumpet vines everywhere!!!!! I think its out of control. Do you have that trouble with yours?
    I enjoy your posts every day Penny*
    deezie
    deeziesunshine@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 'tea room' is adorable! I loved seeing more glimpses into your spaces. I saw some 'flower beds'. :-) You inspire me, thank you.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny I absolutely love your tea house and area around it. I have one question. ..does it get hot in there? I had to ask since it is made from doors and windows. I love how you decorated your tea room, so romantic! And that wreath! When we finish moving to Germany I will have to look at your post on how you made it. Maybe make one German themed. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Penny. Are you taking reservations for overnight stays in your tea room? :) I just hosted a tea party for 49 friends, which was so much fun. I invited all those women who helped me make it through my life. Your wreath is magical and I plan on following your instructions to make one. I collect butter pats so might make mine using them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, your tea room is ADORABLE!!! I would love something like this in my back yard to use as a studio. I love how you incorporated a bench onto the front between the two garden doors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tea room is so delightful. Lovely space to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your tearoom is so so so beautiful. I wish I lived near you. It would be such a joy to sit down for tea in that beautiful place.

    Blessings,
    Patti @ Embracing Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. That studio and tearoom makes my heart take a leap!!! What a glorious place.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a tea lover this is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling little "tea room"! That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny,
    Now you know how much I love your tea room!! I so enjoyed seeing it again!! I love all the tea cups hanging!! I have been working so hard in my new "Sitting Room', former "Guest Room". You would be proud of me as I have been painting everything white!!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun Penny, I want to come and visit, lol. Great post, thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny, your tea room is adorable and I love the display of teacups, etc.! What a brilliant idea to make a tea room out of odds and ends of doors and windows.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Penny, The tea room is exquisite! I want one even though it would be way to hot here to be able to use it in the summer. Thanks so much for sharing your posts with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday. They are a joy to see and read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Penny, you do such amazingly creative projects, but this adorable little tearoom takes the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely little room. Love all the teacups hanging around the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is truly amazing! Great job!

    Come over to my link party and share this with everyone:
    http://www.twentysomethinginthe2010s.com/peace-love-link-up-013/
    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for that tour in the tea room, Penny. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's really pretty and enchanted I think, like from a fairy tale Penny! I'd love to sit there and have a cup of tea....ehem coffee...! Lovely to have you at Sweet Inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything is so lovely!! Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday!! Hope to see you again this week!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Penny! This is just darling! H is very clever! Thanks for sharing at Five Star Frou-Frou this week. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Penny I'm so jealous! I so want a backyard tearoom! Awesome job my friend! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! So pretty! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How lovely to be able to sit out in your very own Tea Room Penny. I think this is fabulous!!
    Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday. I know I featured you last week sweetie, but I really wanted to shared this gorgeousness this week too. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Penny. I have featured your gorgeous conservatory at Five Star Frou-Frou this week. So happy to have you visit and share. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Penny, your tea room is enchanting! Thank you for sharing with us at the Art of Home-Making Mondays! I am always delighted with my visits here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good Monday to you! Just a note to let you know that this post has been *FEATURED* today on "The Art of Home-Making Mondays" at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! Thank you for joining us and we hope to have you share again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wanted to thank you for this great read! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it) There are so many great ideas here! Yourwindows looks very unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! I really love your tea room, you decorated it amazingly. Really your creativity is amazing. Please keep sharing your interesting ideas like this.

    kiosk Toronto

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!