Blog Archive

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Sneak Peek of What I've been up To



The new flooring has been installed and the walls are freshly painted,   now it's time to have some fun decorating the new space!


The photo on the left shows the old hallway.....carpeted floor and mirrors on the wall.      

 The right photo shows the new flooring and a sneak peek of some of the new wall decor.     

We chose a porcelain tile wood look plank flooring for the hall.    The hall has lots of traffic and I think this will work well and last a long time.


The Brazilian white pecan porcelain tile is from Lowes



We worked on the new wall decor this afternoon.


I'd had mirrors on this wall in the hall for several years and was ready for a change.  

 After all the nail holes were filled and the walls were painted,   I really didn't want to start putting a bunch of nail holes in my freshly painted walls.     I decided to put two large weathered wood  window frames down the longest wall...... 


H added lots of knobs for me to hang decor on the windows


I put new pink rose knobs in the kitchen earlier this week and these are some of the knobs that we took down.


Now,  instead of putting nails in the wall to hang my decor,   I can hang as many things and as often as I like on my knobs.


H  put several hooks along the bottom of the frames to hang stuff on....garland,  banners,  whatever I want!


I put an empty frame in the center of the windows for a focal point......


H put 1x2's on the wall and then screwed the window frames to that.  

With the window frames away from the wall about an inch,  I can easily tie pretty things in the empty panes....


I can put as much or as little as I want on the window frames......and NO new nail holes in the wall.


I added some additional faux fern to the metal basket of flowers that I bought over the week end in the 75% isle at At Home and hung it in the center of my focal point frame.


I thought about framing my windows with shutters,  but then I saw these wooden music pieces at HL and fell in love with them.  


Where did my frames come from?    They were in one of the guest bedrooms on each side of the bed.   Now I need to find something to replace them.    H sleeps in this room when Ky spends the night cause she wants to sleep with Nana.


The hallway is still a work in progress,  so I will be back soon with another update!



Please visit my side bar to see "Where I Party"  and stop by and visit a few of these great blogs!









31 comments:

  1. Love all your hard work, it all looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of fun you had with this! I like the floor very much,
    So - I'm not the only Nana who ends up with a little girl in bed with me on sleepovers. The Great Dane, bless him, takes the guest room on those nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, this is perfect!! So beautiful! Love it!
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I want one of these too!!
    Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful! I love what you did with the wood window frames! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the best ideas - mounting the frames out 1 inch from the wall allows you to add and subtract and change things, just as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new look! Ingenious idea of hanging them with room to add your lovely treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a similar wood frame, which had prints in it, that I am going to reuse like this. What an outstanding design, like all of your other creations. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Penny
    Very pretty! What a great idea the window frames are! The hooks and knobs are genius!! And the floor is beautiful.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Penny, love the new look. looks wonderful! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely work, very delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful! I love it! #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flooring is so neat, and I love what you have done with the windows and frame, great way to display things

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bones---for the hallway, what a great idea. When you change your decor as often as you do---this will be a Godsend and a control factor too, lol. Wonderful share Penny, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Penny!! Don't you hate putting nails into newly painted walls? I had to really think about what I wanted where before I started nailing.

    Love your flooring. Looks great.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That will be very nice for the foot traffic and the walls looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a romantic Penny. Love the new floor and your great idea for your long hallway. It already looks fabulous. The knobs and hooks are brilliant. Good job. I have a fake window in my laundry room and love it so much.
    Happy Pink Saturday,
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new wall decor, Penny! You always have such great ideas :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the floor, Penny! Looks like you've been busy! :) Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It! We enjoy seeing your projects each week!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  19. Penny,
    I just realized that I missed this post! So your flooring is tile??? Amazing! Love it!! That is such a great idea with the window panes. I like the weathered look but I must admit that I am surprised that you did not pain them white!! LOL!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that frame! So cute!

    Would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your floors and walls look lovely! What a fresh look - and I love the treble clefs you placed around the window frame!
    Paula from www.jumpstartyourjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should really be hiring yourself out to decorate bed & breakfast places! Marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your floor will be easier to keep that's for sure and your wall decor is really pretty. Thanks for sharing, Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun project! Those rose knobs are so unique. Thanks for joining the Family Joy Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your floors look lovely. Your wall decor so pretty. Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight party!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing each week at our Monday Cooking & Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
  27. everything in your house is so lovely indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the window and the music notes, they look lovely! Thanks for linking up with Waste Not Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!