Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Raven Feather Halloween Wreath


I found these black feather wreaths in a Halloween tote the other day.     I had bought them at a yard sale ......   they were taped together with box tape and marked 50 cents   I pulled out several feathers trying to get them apart...lol!


Anyway,   I thought they would look good on each side of my lit picture.    


The feathers looked pretty bad after I got them pulled apart,   


But,  I kind of liked the look so I didn't repair them.


I have the entry completely decorated for Halloween now,  so I thought you might enjoy a tour......


There are three walls in the entry to decorate,  


And I try to decorate them a little special.......


Since the entry is where we hand out the goodies to our trick or treaters......


Here is the entry from the kitchen door......


View of the entry from the front door.......


And view of the entry from the formal living/dining room.

I don't like to make my Halloween decor too scary since most of out guest are young,  but I will turn off the big lights and just leave the garland lit and maybe have a few battery operated candles scattered around the room.



Please visit my side bar to see "Where I Party"  and stop by and visit a few of these great blogs!

10 comments:

  1. Penny,
    O MY!! Those wreaths are spectacular and I love them just the way they are!! And the lit Halloween picture is amazing!! LOVE IT!! What a great entryway you have created for trick or Treaters!! Sadly, over the past few years ,we no longer get any coming around. There are not many kids in our development and the apartment complex that is next to us that my sons live in, have a day time party and parade for the kids hat live there. I do miss getting Trick or Treaters but I still love decorating just the same.
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Penny,
    This is just to say that I enjoy your posts soooooooo much! Such inspiration and fun. Already
    looking forward to your Christmas decorations.
    Warm greetings from The Netherlands,
    Magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wreath! Happy Thursday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the wreaths a little bit scraggly. Love the displays. I bet the trick-or-treaters want to come inside when you open the door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always dispaly everyhting in a such beautiful way. The wreath is gorgeous!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful display you have created a masterpiece. Genius to have the picture lit up from behind. I would come to visit this, no tricks, and the treat would be for my eyes.
    Keep smiling and creating. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wreaths! I also really like the trick or treat banner. We have a special fondness for crows and ravens. Black is the perfect choice with all your white.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wreaths look great, Penny. The banner adds a great Halloween touch, too. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Halloween decorations. Leave it to you to turn decorations of fright into delight in such a fun, shabby chic way! I also like the wreath just the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!