Blog Archive

Friday, September 22, 2017

Adding a Touch of Fall to the Kitchen Counters



This year,  I'm decorating a little different for fall.  

 Instead of putting my existing decor away and doing a complete fall makeover on the kitchen counters,   I'm just adding fall touches to the vignettes I already have in place.
   


I did take my decor off the counter and clean under everything,   but I put it back in the same place..... sort of......lol!     When I added the fall touches sometimes things didn't fit back exactly the way they were.


The star of this section of the kitchen counter is my horse print.

  I added a spray of roses to the area below the print and sat a baby boo pumpkin next to it


I put the hand soap I had out under the sink for now,   and replaced it with the  Fall Pomegranate hand soap I found at Home Goods.     It smells just like fall!


I switched  the horse print and the basket of dishes,   they just fit better that way with the addition of the fall decor.


I took 4 of the 6  saucers out of the basket to make room for a small faux pink pumpkin.


Moving on down  to the Farm Charm area of the counter........


I added a spray of roses to the back of the metal bin that sits below the Farm Charm sign.     The spray of roses is just like the one I used under the horse print


I took out the small horse saddles that were in two of the compartments and replaced them with cotton boll balls.  

 I added a clear glass pumpkin full of dried rose petals to the existing vignette.


I filled my glass pumpkin with dried rose petals and nested a pink pumpkin in them     I've added scented oil to the  petals so it smells like fall when I take the lid off. 


I sat a rooster,  a metal pitcher of roses,  and a baby boo pumpkin on the  burner cover.

I'm about half finished with the cleaning  and fall decorating on the kitchen counters,     so I'll be back later to show you my progress!








12 comments:

  1. Hi Penny,
    I have the same issue. I hate taking my "all year round" decor in the house down, so from now one I am doing the same ... just adding and making it prettier.
    Many hugs,
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please send the link for the beautiful horse picture? Everything is beautiful as always. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link, but I don't know if they still have that canvas....https://www.icanvas.com/canvas-art-prints/artist/debi-coules

      Delete
    2. I looked again and here's the link......https://www.icanvas.com/canvas-print/french-farmhouse-series-horse-with-rose-deb63#1PC3-12x12 hugs....

      Delete
  3. Everything looks so pretty as usual
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so refreshing to see you leave your pretty pink things out that's what I want to do. I want to add new fall pink things and pastel things to my collections instead of the traditional oranges and Browns. Seen your van yet gives me an idea to put plates in a basket I have and I've been wondering what to do with. Where on Earth did you get that huge burner cover I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you incorporated Fall without using the bright orange color and ruining tour beautiful color scheme! You have inspired me to do a little Fall touching up myself. Stopping by from SITS Sharefest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you incorporated Fall without using the bright orange color and ruining tour beautiful color scheme! You have inspired me to do a little Fall touching up myself. Stopping by from SITS Sharefest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Thanks for linking up at the Friday Frenzy Link Party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    I love that you left out your regular decor and just added to it!! I t gets to be quite labor intensive moving everything out for the Holidays and seasons, doesn't it??? Everything looks lovely and I really like the use of the basket with dishes in it!! Great idea!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love the horse print. Thank you for linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty linky. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!