Blog Archive

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Fall in the Kitchen


I am loving the different varieties of pumpkins the farmers are growing now.      I didn't use real pumpkins in my fall decorating in the past because orange didn't fit into my existing home decor .   Then,  the white pumpkins appeared and I would pick up a few of them....now  it's hard for me not to come home with a truck load of pretty pumpkins.

I have been adding touches of fall to the existing decor in the kitchen.    This is my  third post sharing my progress.   If you missed the other two,   here is a link to those posts........
.http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/09/adding-touch-of-fall-to-kitchen-counters.html

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/09/styling-fall-vignette.html


Before I show the counter,   I thought you might enjoy seeing the area above the stove.    I have my collection of old butter churns displayed there.    There are salt and pepper shakers in the little cupboard on the left of the butter churns..   Looks like I have room to put out a few more.


Let's take a stroll down the counter.......


I put a nubby green pumpkin in front of the existing wreath.      It looks like it has grown it's own little pedestal to sit on,,,,lol!  


I filled a huge enamelware coffee cup with a fall floral design,,,,,,,


I have a faux pumpkin in the coffee cup and a real one beside it......hard to tell the difference,  huh?     The plastic ones that are made now are so realistic!


Be Thankful......


My copper drying rack holds some of my collection of coffee cups.    The BIG cups we drink our coffee from in the cupboard above the coffee pot......along with all the stuff we add to our coffee.


Above this end of the counter is some open shelving that I use to store dishes in......


I hung a wreath over the front of the open cupboards.   Open shelving has a draw back....you have to keep it in order.....and "sometimes"  mine doesn't look so good....lol!


Next to the coffee pot,   is a free standing metal piece.  
 Using a magnet,  It's easy to stick a  "reminder note" on it.   Today,  I just have a pretty owl napkin on it.

The wall of pink cabinets to the side of the ovens hold the microwave,  sugar,  flour, mixers,  baking pans,  etc.
  I get asked all the time if I cook in this kitchen,   the answer is a big YES.   We eat at home most of the time.    I get to decorate on the counters because everything is done on the big clutter free island.






7 comments:

  1. Penny, I love your pumpkins. Those little white fake ones are perfect. I have some of those myself. Your kitchen is so pretty. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    Now you know I always tell you how jealous I am of your large Kitchen!! I sure am now!! I wish I had a few cupboards that I could use for display but I need all the cupboards that I have!! Your cupboard displays are so charming and so is the area underneath!!. I try NOT to cook in my Kitchen as I truly HATE to cook!! I do love to decorate it though!!
    LOL!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is so beautiful! I'm not a big fan of orange either, so I'm very glad to see all the other pretty colors of pumpkins available!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again and again, Your pumpkins are awesome.
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen looks so pretty decorated for fall Penny! Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J. Enjoy the weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is so pretty, Penny! I love that you have incorporated pastels in fall decoration. You have shared so many lovely ideas. I'm featuring your post at the Hearth and Soul Link Party this week. Thank you so much for sharing it. Have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty love all the shades of pink and the flowers it seems so romantic and no better place than in the kitchen to be passionate about what you make
    thanks for sharing
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!