Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Potting Farmhouse Christmas Tree's


It was such a gorgeous fall day here in Eastern New Mexico that I decided to take my Christmas project outside.     I haven't started decorating for Christmas yet,   but I am working on several projects in an effort to have everything ready when I start.


I rounded up several containers that were scattered around the yard to pot my faux trees in.     


This sweet metal sheep had a pot of geraniums in it during the summer


I had a white enamel pot in the mix earlier,   but traded in out for a rusty metal bucket.      I have two larger tree's that I plan to pot in some vintage wash tubs that are on the front porch.


I had this HUGE mailbox that held a fairy garden in it over the summer     I stood it on end and used it as a planter for my tree.


It was a long way to the bottom of the mailbox.   so I filled it with a block of wood to make my tree the right height.


I had to do the same thing in the rusty bucket.


My inspiration for the mailbox came from the Petticoats on the Prairie Market that I went to a few weeks ago.


My tree's came from Walmart.      They are in a burlap wrapped pot that just sits in my containers.


I took a break in the greenhouse and snapped a couple of photo's while I was in there.


You last saw these pumpkins on the fireplace mantel on the front porch.       I am getting ready to create a Christmas mantel on the fireplace soon,    so the pumpkins were moved out to the green house temporarily.     I'll use them in the house in some Thanksgiving vignettes later.


I love to take a break in the greenhouse when I'm working in the yard............


We've had a few nights that the temp dropped into the 30's so we set the hanging baskets in the green house to keep them from freezing.


The Bostons ferns will be set in there tonight since the temps will be lower than usual.     


The leaves on the Bradford pear tree/'s are a gorgeous fall color.......


Here's the big oak tree in the back yard.......


The sweet potato vine that was growing in the flower bed in front of the greenhouse has been killed by the frost,    but it left behind some sweet potato 's 


Now,    I need to stash my tree's somewhere until I'm ready for them!     









11 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love the mailbox with the tree in it! Such a great idea. I'm getting so excited about decorating for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny! The tree in the mailbox is genius. I absolutely love it. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where oh where did you find that sheep? I live in south carolina and I hardly ever see any sheep at all and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The metal farm critters are so sweet. I have goat, and a HUGE chick. They make my heart sing and add charm to my farmhouse garden area. The potting shed is dreamy and oh, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute trees. I love their rustic look especially in the mailbox. Too fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you make a ready-made tree from Walmart, so unique! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your metal sheep - so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop! Roseann from This Autoimmune Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Penny... beautiful start to your holiday decorating. How long ago did you get those trees from Walmart? Love them and I can't seem to find them on their site. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I found the same trees at walmart today. They are listed under Holiday Time or 4 ft faux Christmas tree. My store only had 3 left so check soon in case they're flying out fast in your local store. haha......good luck.

      Delete
  9. Lovely, Penny! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you "planted" your faux Christmas trees Penny, but oh my goodness that greenhouse of yours. I would spend every spare second inside that little piece of heaven. How incredibly beautiful and it's got your touches all over the place.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!