Blog Archive

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Christmas Paperwhite's & a Wood Slice Cake


Poinsettia's are the traditional Christmas flower,    but my favorite Christmas flowers are Paperwhites.


I have a big silver bowl of  Paperwhites on the family dining room table.    


This is where we eat most of our meals,  so I try to keep the tablescape simple.







I also have a simple design on the bar cart under the window.       Since this window faces the south,    lots of natural light floods the dining room and .........creates a lot of glare on my photo's!


My wood slice cake has three layers,    the icing is fresh green moss,   and I've tucked in some small paperwhite's into the icing between the layers of "cake"


My cake is topped with a sweet wood gnome and a small pot of paperwhites


On the second shelf of the bar cart I have a metal planter filled with velvet mushrooms


 

I shared a post earlier showing all the details about the lit cabinet in the family room.       If you missed that post,    here's a link to it........http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2018/11/mirrored-and-lit-christmas-cabinet.html
 

You can see the kitchen thru the pass thru.      If you missed the kitchen tour,     here's a link to that post............http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2018/11/2018-farmhouse-christmas-kitchen-tour.html
  

I enjoy your visits so much,    stop by anytime! 

   Merry Christmas!








9 comments:

  1. Love this Penny! Merry Christmas!

    blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paper whites too. I pull them out in January to brighten things up a bit. I love the mushrooms and that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that room smells good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are always so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at the Blogger's Pit Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    So whimsical but elegant at the same time!! I love those wooden slices!! I think I have to get me some of those!! LOL!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, What a sweet dining room. I love the wooden slices; what a cleaver idea.
    The gnome on top is so cute. I love this room too.
    Thank you for your wonderful talent.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous! I love paperwhites, too.
    #inspirememondaylinkup

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really loving the foregoing 'glitter' this year---the natural elements are lovely! Your accents are perfect and I love the scent of greens in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never stop to amze with your fantasy! Gorgeous
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!