Blog Archive

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Pumpkins & Cotton Bolls on a 4 inch Ledge....Mission Impossible?



Ledges are like itty bitty mantles.....and the 4 inch one I have in the entry is always a challenge to decorate.    Most of the time,   I just leave it bare but this fall I had an idea.     



I started decorating my ledge by attaching a garland to it.     I secured it by putting a few small nails in the ledge and tieing the garlands tendrals to them. 


Then I printed paper pumpkins on my home printer.     The pumpkins are just a small part of the September Handmade Kit that Kerryanne created for us.      Here's a link to her blog if you want to take a look at this months kit.......https://www.shabbyartboutique.com/2021/09/the-handmade-club-september-kit.html 


I put paper pumpkins on each end of the ledge......



I hung a fall wreath over the big mirror that we recently hung in the entry.    Here's a link to that post if you missed it where I share all the details.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/09/footboard-wall-art-fall-entry-and-big.html 


In the center of my wreath I attached a paper pumpkin....this one has a cute hedgehog in it.



With this wall decorated for fall,   I moved on to the wall across from it.      



I kept the decor on the halltree pretty simple since I already had quite a bit of fall stuff in the entry.


I have a sweet simple wreath hung.....


and just a fragrant candle lit to give the entry a fall smell.


I'm finished decorating the entry for fall....... and it's time to move on to another area in the house or maybe even the front yard ....or porch.


Thanks for stopping by.    I always enjoy your visits so much   

6 comments:

  1. Lovely as always. I am wondering what kind o paper you use for your printer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use card stock....and I find it at Walmart....hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so pretty! I would never have thought those were paper pumpkins though. They look so dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and inspiring. Thanks for party at Funtastic Friday. Pinned and shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect solution for a narrow ledge Penny. You are the Queen of decorating though, so I shouldn't be surprised. Love it and I'm thrilled that you used my September Club kit.
    Thank you for sharing your fabulous fall ledge at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at the party tomorrow and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty@ Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade at LifeasaLEOWife.com!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!