Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Kitchen Christmas Tree, Santa Chair Makeover, and a Sneak Peek



I love the hustle and bustle of Christmas!     So far,  this week has been the most "hustley and bustley" of the season for me,   but I've enjoyed every minute of it! 


I shared a post last week that showed the pitiful shape my Santa chairs were in when H brought them in from the storage shed.     I guess the summer heat melted the glue and a lot of the decorations fell off......sorry Santa.....I can't afford climate control in the shed!


H took everything off the chair and gave it a fresh coat of white paint.....then it was my turn to have fun decorating.       (the other chair was in much worse condition and it will be a while before I reveal it's makeover....lol)


I gave Santa a new sporty plaid hat...... 


I covered the chair seat with a Farmhouse Christmas fabric.            


Then,   I was ready to create a Christmas vignette in the seat.....


I removed all the pom poms that were glued to the sides of the chair ........... 


I replaced the pom pom's with a simple garland.     I just tied the buffalo check garland from Hobby Lobby to the chair and then used clothes pins to attach paper poinsettias to the garland.     I can easily remove the garland when I get ready to send the chair to storage after Christmas.    


I hung a big fabric Christmas bag from the back of the chair.....again easily removed before the chair goes back in to storage this year.



That hot shed is not going to get the best of me again!      I am using as little hot glue as possible this time......he hee


Now for the details on the seat decor..... 


The packages covered the whole seat and I felt they were a distraction from the real star of the chair....Santa


I created a simple vignette on the seat.....and I didn't attach it in any way so I can easiy remove everything before my chair goes back into storage.


I am so blessed to have a kitchen large enough to have a pretty Chrismtas tree in the window.



My kitchen tree is very simple this year......it is planted  in a peely white wagon and decorated with a few frosty pink poinsettia's and red berry picks.    


I'll end my post with a few peeks into my Christmas Kitchen......you can see 3 trees on the counter and the tail end of some kind of farm vehicle ......up in the right corner of the photo is a small glimpse of the chandy with it's pink and white gingham check ribbon.    Be back soon with the reveal of the second Santa chair and more photo's of my Christmas kitchen!

Merry Christmas







 





5 comments:

  1. Love the tree in the big window. Really pretty in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric you used is so cute and the Santa has the best face. The Christmas tree in the wagon looks so bright and cheerful. I can't wait for the next chair reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beautiful tree in the wagon and your seat covers. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely beautiful. Just started following you again. I had been following you years ago when I had another blog. So glad to have found you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa has come back better than ever!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!