Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Grandma's Desert Rose Cupboard


In addition to dishes,   Grandma's Desert Rose Cupboard is full of
  precious memories! 
   I married Grandma's original set of Desert Rose with pieces that my Mother bought for us as well as pieces that H & I found on our many antique "hunts",     So there are plenty of memories stored in there!  



The tea pot was a Christmas gift from my mother......H & I bought the clock years ago at an antique store in Lubbock Texas 
  


H & I found the Desert Rose glasses on a trip to Round Top.....


In the late 60's,    Grandma bought a Desert Rose service for 8,   2 big platters,   serving bowls and a few other pieces.      To go with her dishes,   she bought 8 Thumbprint footed pink goblets.  It's the big one in the center....


Mother bought me the 2 coffee mugs sitting in Grandma's serving bowl. 


I have my complete set of Desert Rose stored in this cupboard which by the way belongs to my Daughter.    She asked me if I could store it for her about 10 years ago.   The other day,   I took everything out to clean it.   While it was empty,  I asked her if she would like to have it back and she said no.     So,   I filled it back up with my Desert Rose collection  and I guess I'll keep it!


I have some extra pieces stored in the bottom half of the cupboard along with some green depression glass that I sometimes use with my dishes.


I keep the extra cups and saucers stored in the first bottom drawer and some pieces of the depression glass in the next drawer.




In the before pic,   you can see I had some different china on the first shelf,   mothers wedding china on the second shelf,    and just a few pieces of the Desert Rose on the last shelf.    Where was all the other Desert Rose you ask!     It was scattered around in several of my others cabinets.     I am so glad to have it all displayed in one cabinet now!!!

Also,   I want you to pay special attention to all that mess on the top of the cupboard.    I found new homes for all the cake stands..... 

 


Doesn't the cabinet look so much better without all that mess on the top?     


Grandma's Desert Rose Cupboard is finished and I have moved on to the white cabinet on the right side of the Front Room.     It's been emptied and cleaned.   and  now I've started decorating it for Valentines Day.     I'll share it when I'm finished  ....    See you soon!

 

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely cabinet and I've always loved the Desert Rose pattern. Very nice! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite china patterns. FYI, that is a coffee pot, the teapots are always short and squatty, letting the tea stay hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, less is more sometimes...and the china is the star, always a beautiful pattern any time of year in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty vintage dishes offer that special feeling. thanks for sharing come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Grandmother had the Franciscan Apple pattern. I always loved it but a cousin is currently holding it. The re-do to the china hutch turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!