Blog Archive

Monday, October 24, 2016

Weekend Treasure Hunt


I couldn't have asked for better weather to hunt for treasures this weekend.......mild temps and plenty of sunshine.  


I went to several yard sales and visited an antique shop that was closing ......75% off everything in the shop.


Cute kitty cookie jar   ($4 ).......and a plaid European sham that had never been used.


The sham had a suggested retail of $80 .....isn't that crazy???????    $3 sounds much better


The village butter dish......napkin holder and coffee house were at the antique shop going out of business   $20 for all.


Vintage pillow cases......


Victorian lamp shade.....


I have several of these silver pieces.  but none with the glass still in them.     I bought both silver pieces at an estate sale that was 50% off everything since it was the last day.


Here's the other silver tray from the estate sale.....


Opps.,....my photos are out of order!     First I'll share the hanky card   ($2.50)


And now the photo of what was on the silver tray.    Presented to Chuck Floyd in 67 for his bowling score.....


Last is the black and white sign.....


It's the Bee's Knees....lol!


I love linens.....so ,   I couldn't pass up a Battenburg oval table cloth for $!  and a bedskirt and matching valance for $3.    Usually the yard sales have slowed down by this time of the year,   but the weather has just been gorgeous so there are still quite a few!


Please visit my side bar to see "Where I Party"  and stop by and visit a few of these great blogs!






17 comments:

  1. You found some great deals, Penny. That was a bonus with the shop giving 75% off! Wow. Have a great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that black and white sign ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I so want that cookie jar!! Love the "village" items! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    Great finds as always!! Love the cookie jar!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Village items are so unique and adorable. Love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many pretty items! The butter village dish is fabulous
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my ! Love the cookie jar and linens! We don't have sales like that where I live in Arkansas...
    Have a blessed day !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always find the best goodies and at such bargain prices. Love everything but especially fond of the cool cats in cruiser car. Very fun, especially the color. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazing finds! The cookie jar is my favorite, followed by the cute little village pieces! What fun you must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowie! Great finds! Love that sham and the trays the most! Thank you for linking with Let's Talk Vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The car is my favorite!! LOVE your blog, Penny. And your house, of course. Best wishes, Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that car. That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that sign gives me the giggles. Great deals - all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Penny, you really got some great stuff for fab prices!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that was one successful shopping day. I love everything you found, and I especially love that gorgeous sham.

    Happy Pink Saturday, Penny. Thank you for always making Pink Saturdays special. This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks".♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Total eye candy! The cats in the convertible on that plaid soooo cute. *applauds*
    Visiting from Pink Saturday
    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!