Blog Archive

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Blue Truck & Pink Tulip Spring Banner


I enjoyed making this banner so much.....what's not to like about working with blue trucks and pink tulips!


I made my banner to hang across the empty windows that are in the hallway that leads to the bedrooms,  baths,  and utility room.    I am up and down that hallway all day long,   so I try to keep something cheerful on the walls in the hallway.


I added just a touch of Easter at each end of the windows.        I've tried to limit the decor that I'm putting out now to just spring,    and also keep in mind that I will add some Easter to the existing vignettes later.


I have a truck print on each end of the windows that coordinates with the pennants in the banner


My pennants are an assemblage of different prints that I found on Pinterest and printed off on my home printer.


I filled in the window ledge with faux pink tulips


I hung my banner on some chicken wire "ribbon" that I found at Hobby Lobby.


I "planted" my tulips in the openings in the crocheted pieces that hang behind the windows


I had to look long and hard on Pinterest to find tulips that  were the same shade of pink as the tulips in the back of the truck.


I printed off Floral Bingo cards  to put on my pennants


Here's the other end of the windows......







Bless These Blooms





And a small bunny on this end of the windows.


Here is a sample of what I printed off from Pinterest. to make my banner. and here's the link to my Print It Board......https://www.pinterest.com/penny2005/print-it/


Now all I need to do  is make a spring  wreath to hang at the end of the hallway!

I always enjoy your visit so much,    please come back soon!


7 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous and makes me eager for spring! Thanks for the link. I'm going to add a little spring to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inspired by your creativity! The banner is adorable! I love your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to add a touch of spring to your decor! Thanks for sharing with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    Again, all so pretty!! You are so creative!! I hope once I get used to being home that I become as creative as you are!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so pretty! Most hallways are dark like mine. Yours is bright and cheery with a gorgeous view. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Nice, looks like a welcoming home for spring; however, I don't see the beautiful houses that you had put up. Hope you didn't take them down with all the fabulous decoration.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!