Blog Archive

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Christmas Market Flower Shop Mantel


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go.......love that song,  don' t you!       I think I've been more excited about decorating our home for Christmas this year than years in the past.....2020....what a year....      


I absolutely love love love going to Christmas Markets so I thought what better way to celebrate the season than creating my own Christmas Market in the family room.


Since the fireplace is the focal point of the family room,   I decided to start my market there.....


My first stop at any Christmas Market is the flower shop.....I love flowers.   especially Christmas ones


Santa greets you at the door of the Christmas Flower Market.


I have market baskets filled with wreaths and Christmas trees on the hearth.....


Fresh green wreaths are hung on the mantel.....


And floral garlands are hung on the chandelier.......


Now for some close ups of the mantel......


You may recognize this barn from several posts over the last couple of years.


I gave my old metal barn a Christmas make over.    The new floral roof makes it fit right in with my Christmas Flower Market theme


I added a floral garland to the eave of the Christmas Flower Shop and strung metal and bottle brush tree's across the front of the shop


I hung a floral garland on the chandelier on this side of the fireplace just like the one on the other side.....and also hung a fresh green wreath too.    I like balance....lol!


A metal tree and a couple of bottle brush tree's balances this side of the fireplace mantel.....


But instead of a metal barn on this side,   I mixed it up a bit with a cow pulling a goat cart full of flowers.     


What's the next step in creating a Christmas Market in the family room?    Putting up a tree on each side of the fireplace!



11 comments:

  1. You are always an inspiration! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Penny, How breath taking this mantel is. Oh, I do love the barn turned into a Christmas Market Place. This is one of your best ever. I like the tin barn redecorated too.
    You must have so much fun everyday thinking up all these projects. Keep up the terrific work.
    It truly is a fairyland you create each time you change your decor.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post and the before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Penny,
    Again so stunning as always wow wow wowwwww
    Mvg gina Belgium 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing! Love the before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is breath taking. Still working on getting my Thanksgiving stuff out. I do love Christmas. It has such a wonderful feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling over in the Florida panhandle. LOL. Just adore your designs. Thanks for posting at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are leading the way into Christmas decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mantle is gorgeous, Penny! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mantle is so pretty Penny! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Farmhouse Friday!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!