Blog Archive

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Wire Reel gets new Life as a Fun Faux Chicken Coop

 

A few weeks ago H came home with a big wire reel he had found sitting next to the dumpster that we share with a few neighbors.     He asked me if I thought I could repurpose it someway or should he put it back where he found it and of course I said lets do something fun with it.  


I've always used chickens as decor in the yard and they have been in dire need of a coop.........lol,,,,,so,  that's what we made with it!   

 I always have good intentions of sharing the process our projects go thru,   but as usual I neglected to get photos.  so I will give a few details about what he did. 
   
H pushed the slats around the reel to make an opening in the front so he could put a fun door on the opening.    My door was a decorative item I bought several years ago and have hung on our front door from time to time.     I didn't want the reel just sitting on the dirt,   so H set it on a piece of concrete that was let over when our fountain fell apart ealier this summer.   Below you can see the bowl that he used for the base of my chicken coop. 

Then it was my turn to decorate the coop and the area around it..... 


 


I hung a fresh eggs / sunflower farm sign on the lattice.     I created my one of a kind sign by putting a sign from TS over a bag that  I bought at TJ Maxx for $1.   (I still have the other half of the bag to use in another project)


I have a box of preimuim poultry feed nearby to put in the chicken feeder above it......   

 From this angle in the photo you can see the pink scrolly things that H put between the reel and the ground.   You can also see the concrete bowl a little better too


I used a vintage metal chicken waterer for the top of my coop......


My new chicken coop sits next to the clothes line and a collection of vintage washing machines.    I  need to take some photo's of them and work up a post to share with you guys.  I'll try to put that closer to the top of my to do list!


Next to the lattice panel I have a couple of egg baskets hanging on the wall of the She Shed.


I usually move things around as I'm taking pics.......I tried the Life is Better in the Country pillow on the pink glider.


Then,   I drug the glider to another part of the patio and brought in two wicker chairs.   I tried the gliders pillow on my chair to see if I liked that arrangement better..... 


While the other pillow was getting an audition on the wicker chair,    I tried a different pillow on the glider


So,  now the question is......do I like the glider the best


OR..... do I like the two wicker chairs better.....hummmm....which do you guys think looks better?



7 comments:

  1. I like the wicker chairs! I love the whole thing. The chicken coop is adorable. You have the best ideas. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! I love the fresh eggs/sunflower sign and your pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning,
    Personally I like the 2 black wicker chairs as they bring out the red door of the chicken coop more. Please don't use that lovely doiley as it is too pretty to be outside the house. I think of all the hard work that went into making it. It's attractive there, but a piece of Mr H's tin would look cute as a roof. Very cleaver use of a spool. They would make cute elf hotels too.
    Thanks for the wonder ideas you bring to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the glider best and the chicken coop is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for the black wicker chairs! Reminds me of our little farm with real chickens many years ago............we had every farm animal except the pigs. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I'd be so honored if you shared it on the Share the Wealth Party at My Big Fat Menopausal life.
    http://bigfatmenopausallife.blogspot.com/2021/09/share-wealth-ii-second-installment-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    So darn cute!! I like the 2 wicker chairs better but that is just me...I think the chairs in black on each side sort of anchors it...Now you know I an a lover of red so I adore the red door and that Fresh Eggs sign!!As always, you know how envious i am of all your outdoor space!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!