Blog Archive

Sunday, January 9, 2022

First Mantel of 2022 with Hints of Valentine's Day


I haven't created a post in several weeks....since December 21st....and I am glad to be back!    H and I have both not been well and are still not anywhere near 100%,    but we are getting better.  
I have just now started to put away Christmas decor....slowly,  only as we have the energy.     We finished packing up the Christmas stuff the family room a couple of days ago and I was excited to create my first mantel of the year.    I wanted it to be simple and use decor that made me happy so I went for a Farmhouse mantel....with a nod to Valentine's Day.     I didn't want to get out much Valentine stuff so I just added a few prints that I can put away easily.



I had a few Valentine printables on hand and I just tucked them into my Farmhouse mantel.....


I framed a Valentine print for the table on this side of the fireplace.....


Does my generous use of greenery give you an idea of how eager I am for spring to get here....lol!


Another hint of Valentine's Day on this side of the mantel......


And another framed print on the side table.     


I created a simple centerpiece for the coffee table....


I am so ready to see some flowers and greenery!


I put a sweet Valentine pillow on the love seat......


This is a photo of the last mantel I created in the family room before Christmas.    You can see about the only change I made above the mantel for 2022 is the artwork....more cows! 


Happy New Year!




 

14 comments:

  1. Love the mantel! And the entire room is a happy flight of fancy! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was looking at your fireplace on either side (at the baseboard) I honestly thought, “how pretty the baseboard is…it’s ruffled”..then I realized it was fabric covered cord…Your cows are laughing at me….how utterly ridiculous! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you and hope you and H will have a total recovery. Don't work so hard! What you do is beautiful and know you are surrounded with all you love. I still am enjoying my meager Christmas sparkle on our cold and wintery days in Washington. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you! Hope you're both fully recovered soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TAKE CARE! Hope you are well ! Love all the cows ! Very cute ❤️👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your decorations. Remember to rest and relax and take care of both of you 1st!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed you! You have the most beautiful home. I sure enjoy seeing what you two do to it. Love the cows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're back and on the mend!!
    You're posts brighten my very below zero days here in North Dakota!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet! We have also transitioned from Christmas on a relaxed schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, I was rummaging in the 'dungeon' yesterday and thought of you when I stared a heap of greenery! Luckily I have many plants in the house, but that doesn't mean you can't find a place to stick some more, LOL. Love your room---and your judicious use of accents. Loving the new look! HOpe you feel 100% soon, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, cows are my favorite. I love the entire room. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cows. They're so cute. The Valentine's decor additions are beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade at LifeasaLEOWife.com. I've started a new link party to replace Traffic Jam Weekend called Crafty Creators, and I'd love for you to share there as well!
    XOXO,
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and refreshing. I have yet to redo my mantel for the new year so thanks for the inspiration. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!