Blog Archive

Friday, July 8, 2022

Watermelons & Sunflowers Summer Tiered Stand....and RAIN


I'm not in any hurry to take down the 4th of July decor,   in fact some of it will probably stay up until after Labor Day.   
 I'm replacing some of it with a Watermelon /Sunflower theme on the front porch and got this little corner finished just in time.....we have RAIN!

 
It started raining about an hour ago and we are so grateful for any amount of rain here in the dry lands off Eastern New Mexico.    If you look close you will see that it's starting to puddle a little in the walkway to the front porch.    I just checked the weather channel and it shows us getting
rain for about 3 more hours.....yippee!!


 

 I am so glad that I finished taking pictures of my little corner while it was still dry on the porch....now it's wet.....love it!


Here's what I accomplished today......

I printed a Watermelon sign and put it in a frame I love to use....you guys have seen it many times.    Then,   I printed some watermelon slices and clothes pinned them to a strip of baling wire to make a banner to hang under the picture. 
 

I demolitioned the existing floral design on my tiered stand so I could create a Watermelon field on it for my little corner.   (pictures of the demolition will be at the end of my post...lol)

On the first tier I have a watermelon slice in the background of my vignette ( it's actually a plastic plate)  Next I planted a field of faux watermelons.    The watermelons are some I've had a long time and wish I could find some more.   They aren't plastic,  they are kind of a paper styrofoam material.


                                                The second tier has a Farmers Market and a little red tractor plowing the field in front of it.    There is a chicken coop barn behind the Farmers Market


Under the tiered stand,   I have a chicken wire truck loaded with watermelons headed to the Summer Market.   I added a goat to the left of my truck for something "unexpected" in my vignette   On the right side of the truck,   I have windmills.



You may remember seeing my tiered stand on the front porch decorated for Memorial Day....and the 4th.     I took all of the flowers and flags out .......



And this is how my tiered stand looked after the demolition....lol! 


I bought my tiered stand at Tractor Supply a couple of years ago.    It is so versatile.....I just love coming up with all different kinds of ways to use it    I think it was originally designed to hold several little pots of live plants on each tier.  


Well,  this was supposed to be the last picture in my post.....announcing that it is still raining here in Eastern New Mexico.....guess the weather man was wrong about us getting a few more hours of rain 


When I looked back outside after  I was finished writing up my post.....it stopped raining and the sun has come out.    Typical weather here in New Mexico....     I am so grateful for what little rain we did get,  but I will keep hoping more will come later this evening....hugs 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from my friends!