Blog Archive

Saturday, September 17, 2022

How We Made a Temporary Wall in our Home


Our home  has a very open floor plan that sometimes can be a real problem      There is a large opening between the formal dining room and the family room and the opening just happens to be on the only place in the family room that I have to put a sofa on.      
  

See the problem.....  if I have to move the sofa away from the opening closer to the rug,  it makes the room very congested.


I didn't want to construct a permanent wall.....just something to divide the 2 rooms and make a wall to put the sofa on....


Here's what I had to work with..... 
 

At first,   I just hung a drape across the opening for a temporary solution.
 

I love what H came up with for a wall....don't you        Every piece he used is only screwed to the frame of the opening and can be taken down easily if I should ever want to have the opening again.
 

I have two ways I can use the beautiful arched window that I bought at a yard sale.    I can use it as a window between the two rooms....or I can hang something in front of it.    I have a mirror in front of it on the family room side right now,   so I have to hang something on this side or all you can see is the ugly back of the mirror on the other side.     
 
 

H took the mirror off of a vintage piece that used to be part of a dresser.   He screwed a metal ceiling tile on top of that to make me what I am calling a collage board....
    

I created little vignettes on the metal ceiling tile  by using  metal tape to attach my paper pieces to the board 

 

The theme in the dining room right now is Enchanted Fall Forest....   
  
  
The plan for later is to keep the forest theme and change the accessories to Christmas..... 


I appreciate your visits so much and hope you'll come back when I share how I decorated the fireplace mantel in the formal dining room using my Enchanted Fall Forest theme 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from my friends!