Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Simple Baseball Decor for the 4th


I decorated the back porch back in May with  Patriotic decor for Memorial Day and had planned to use it thru the 4th and Labor Day.     We've had several bad hail storms since then and the faux fireplace and coffee table had lots of hail damage and needed to be repainted      The faux windows on each side of the fireplace were destroyed.....and I'm not sure if I will replace them or just come up with a different look 



For now,   I have a big fern on each side of the fireplace and have decided to go back with simple Baseball and Bee decor for the 4th.


I found a Baseball Tee at a yard sale over the weekend and it gave me an idea for a centerpiece for the coffee table.



I created a fun simple vignette on each end of the mantel with just a touch of Patriot and bee decor....


I have a bee hive sitting in a pink water hose,  2 baseballs in a nest,  a bee on one of the baseballs and a simple Patriotic ribbon tied around the nest.


We are expecting more rain starting Thursday so I will put the pillows in a big black garbage bag and set it in the garage until we can say Hello Sunshine again.


If we think we might get more hail,   the vignettes will go into totes.      The totes and ferns will go to the garage until better weather comes back.     We don't get much rain here in Eastern New Mexico so we don't have to move stuff in very often.
    



The window boxes are filled with faux flowers set in moss covered styrofoam       The moss has made ideal nesting material for the birds....see how they've pulled on it!   By the end of the summer,   most of the moss will be gone and my window boxes will look pretty shabby with just exposed styrofoam.


I look forward to each and every visit..........thank you for stopping by!



 





3 comments:

  1. Love your patio florals and the ferns are beautiful. I enjoyed seeing the baseball and bee center piece. I like to use baseballs in my July décor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your back porch patio is just gorgeous !!! I wish I could come over a share a cup of tea with you. We could sit and chat for hours ! (I'm in California dreamin'). Thank you for sharing ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This summer sure has been rough with all of the different weather across the US, I am sorry to hear you lost the windows. I always enjoy seeing what you will put together next so I am sure you will come up with something new. I think the baseballs are perfect for July.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!