Blog Archive

Friday, June 23, 2023

Curb Appeal using Yard Art


We retired our utility trailer several years ago and started using it as a storage trailer that we permanently parked in our front yard.     Over the years I've tried to give it a little curb appeal in lots of different themes using mostly yard art.       But since we bought a life size cow... "Buttercup'......   the trailer is kind of locked in with a Farmhouse theme.

 

 I created a Farm Lady to be part of my decor this summer........she is known around the farm as the 'Cow Crossing Guard"
 

Her frame is a vintage porch post that H put on a heavy Christmas tree stand.....she hopefully will not blow over!     


We had to move the bales of hay out of the way to make room for our Cow Crossing Guard.   You can see in the After pic below that I made a few other changes as well.


The hay bales found a new home on  each end of the Farm House......



I had an old windmill that the blades had fallen off of,   so I added it to the farm along with some chickens


I hung a cow garden flag on the back door of the farmhouse.....


We recently gave our old fountain a new life as a flower planter.    All the details can be found here in an earlier post.......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2023/06/our-front-porch-has-fresh-look-for.html


Want to know all the details about our cow..... Buttercup?.......click here....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/09/yard-artlife-size-cow-straw-bale-sofa.html 


Thank you so much for stopping by.....come back soon!





 

5 comments:

  1. One of our old neighbors had a life sized cow and they decorated it for each holiday. It always made me smile. Have a great Sunday, Penny! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttercup is adorable. Honestly a trailer in our front yard would never fly here---even with all the adorable 'modifications' you used. I love it so much though. Not enough smiles anywhere anymore, so keep on! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. v
    Very cute cow! The cow crossing guard is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is epic! And adorable. Sadly it probably wouldn't last long outside my home. But it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie that Buttercup is! We are starting with a clean slate in our backyard, unfortunately, I think work on it will have to wait until next year. Your yard is an inspiration to me though in our journey of seeing what we can create!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!