Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Christmas Cactus


Pink Poinsettia's.....those have always been my "go to" plants to spruce up our home at Christmas.     




Never even gave a second look at Christmas Cactus.....until now! 
 
   I have only seen them in red at the garden centers around our area,  but Pink,   that's a different story.   Anything pink always catches my eye first!



I sat my Pink Christmas Cactus on the table by my chair.   
 I love to sit here most mornings and make my plans for the day.    I have all kinds of paper on hand to use for lists ...... grocery lists,  Email lists.....meal plans,,,,    


 Note pads,   Christmas card address lists....etc



And plenty of extra prints in my vintage sewing machine drawer on the floor by my chair....lol,,,,,I make lots of lists


  


 

I have a handy Advent calendar to keep track of how many days are left until Christmas!   The gold star moves down the rooftops as the days go by......

 
I have also been known to use the Hoosier desk as a place to work on the layouts for my art projects




MERRY CHRISTMAS!



 

3 comments:

  1. You have so many pretty things. Love the advent calendar! Good luck with your cactus! Have a fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, I love this pink Christmas cactus!!! The two I have here in Texas both bloom a darker pink but not red. One blooms with like a double bloom push-out from each bloom ~ very pretty winter bloomers!! Thank you for sharing and I am happy to be able to share your lovely cactus at this week's SYS #412 for you. <3

    Christmas hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny - First I have to say that I am beyond impressed that your Christmas cactus matches your decor! Your home looks lovely decorated for Christmas. I am trying my hand at growing a Christmas cactus from some cuttings. (wish me luck). Thank you for sharing your post with the Home Imagined Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!