Blog Archive

Sunday, October 21, 2018

New Lighting in the Family Room


Well,   the new lighting in the family room isn't exactly new.....it's just different!     


It's new to the room,    but not to the house

I had been thinking about replacing the ceiling fan in the family room for quite sometime.     I also thought that the chandelier in the hallway was a little big for the area.       So,   my solution to that was to move the hall chandy to the family room and buy a smaller one for the hallway.......easy peasy!        Well,    it was easy for me,    not so much so for H.....lol!


It took H most of the morning to take down the fan.....pack it away.......take down the chandy in the hall......rehang it in the family room......whew,    I got tired just watching him!        


The ceiling fan put out very little light.......


The room is so much brighter with the new chandelier.


H also put put up a ceiling medallion to complete the new look


Thank you honey!


While H was installing the new light,      I was busy making new shade covers for the chandeliers on each side of the fireplace.


If you look close at my before and after photo earlier,    you will notice that the shade covers are white lace.


I made pink and grey lamp covers .........


I also reworked the mantel and added more pink roses.......(you can see the difference in the before and after photo I showed you earlier in the post)


All of these changes will compliment the Christmas decor I have planned for the family room......can't wait to get started on it!


Til next time........xoxo



11 comments:

  1. Really pretty, Penny! Happy decorating and happy fall to you and Mr. H!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your decor looks exquisite, charming, joyful and quite beautiful. I love your posts, Penny. Thank you ! :) maryanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Penny, That was a great idea to put the chandler in the family room. I love that chandler!!!! Was that another one of your great finds? Tell Mr H he does fine work. The medallion really set off the light. I would like to find a beautiful chandler like that; I am looking. I won't pay retail prices as they are ridiculous.
    Can't wait to see your Christmas house decorations!!!!
    Thanks for brightening my day.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leona, I bought that chandelier at Home Depot several years ago. It was $100 and I noticed the other day that they still carry it in stock. H really does do great work,
      I forgot to mention in the post that he put it on a remote control so I can turn it on from the comfort of my recliner......hugs....

      Delete
  4. Visiting from All Things Beautiful's blog hop. Love your decor! My guy probably wouldn't let me do this - kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chandelier just 'makes' the room! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    I love the chandy in the family room!! It looks like it was made for that room!!!And the medallion looks great too!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chandelier is gorgeous! Thanks for the info on its source!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty chandy! I love moving things from room to room, too. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chandys are the funniest thing to add to a room. I have one hanging and it isn't even hooked up! It was my grandmother's and I got it. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Penny that chandelier is just gorgeous. I've always wanted one but we stay in a thatch roof house and it just doesn't fir the whole look.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!