Blog Archive

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Fall Designs with a Sprinkle of Halloween



I love to sit in my little nook in the kitchen early in the morning with the sun streaming in on me.....  coffee always tastes better when I'm sitting here.....


I spend some of my early morning here catching up on  my blog,  Facebook,  IG,  etc......  I have to admit though that I spend a great deal of time just looking out the window and daydreaming ....lol! 



I sometimes play with vignettes on the Hoosier desk that I later move to other parts of the house....


I created a fresh look for fall in my nook.....


I replaced the tiered shelving units with a simple pair of pedestals and a easel....


I brought in the pocket tobacco basket that was hanging on the front door and wired it to the easel


At Home had boxes and boxes of Halloween skeletons and I couldn't resist picking up a sweet dog and cat couple to tuck in my vignettes....


I don't like scary Halloween stuff.....and my little grands don't either!


I have been playing with a fall Bed & Breakfast vignette that I plan to use on the front porch.    The Hoosier top is about the same size as the buffet top that I have on the front porch.  Soooo,   I can sit here in the sun....have my coffee....play with my vignette....then move it out to the buffet on the porch when I'm finished!    






















 

4 comments:

  1. Pumpkins are ready to make the scene here too, soon. Still digging in the basement and sorting. Such a pain to down-size! Loving your fluffy Fall...so sweet, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny this is adorable! I'm coming over from the Vintage Charm Party, have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, I love your Fall Designs with a Sprinkle of Halloween. So pretty and cute too.
    Visiting today from Happy Now 391 #26&27

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute ideas, Penny! The little dog and cat skeletons are cute... I don't like scary tall creatures either... I HATE going into Lowe's this time of year because all those ugly evil things are there scaring me! lol! I am happy with fall pumpkins and I am sooo going to borrow your idea to use the tobacco basket on the front door! I can wire mine with fall decor and I will share yours and give you credit. Look for that next week. <3

    Happy to share your post at this evening's Share Your Style #405 for you,
    Big fall hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!