Blog Archive

Friday, February 7, 2020

How to Style a Cabinet


I frequently get asked questions about how I decorate my home.    I have come to realize that it would be helpful to some of my followers to have step by step instructions accompanied by photo's.     I will be the first to admit that I am not very good at tutorials,   but I will try my best to share how I style the large built in cabinet in the family dining room.   Not everyone has a cabinet this large,  but you can scale down the decor to fit whatever size cabinet that you happen to have.


I thought I would share photo's of my cabinet after it was finished first instead of waiting until the end of the post.....








Now,  for the "meat" of my post.....how I style a cabinet.....






These banners are so much fun to make and I have been asked many times to do a tutorial on how I make mine. .


I don't have a tutorial prepared for you guys ...yet....but,  here's how I assemble mine.     I get on Pinterest and pick out the photo's that fit in to the theme of my banner.    I print the photo's off on my home printer (a inexpensive one from Walmart, about $100)   Then,  I just play with the pieces on my dining room table until they look like I want them to.    I paste the pieces together and am ready to assemble my banner.






I have a few photo's of the cabinet to share with you showing how I have decorated it in the past.    





The BEST thing we ever did was paint our cabinet white!


I hope my post was able to give you some idea's to use the next time you get ready to style your cabinet.

I always enjoy your visits so much,    please come back again soon!

12 comments:

  1. Penny, You are so right. Painting that cabinet made a world of difference. I love how you use the white china as a base. So pretty. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat is quite a lovely cabinet. Thank you for sharing and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post thanks for sharing
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Penny,
    You always have the best banners!! Can you share a link to the one you've used here on your cabinet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how delightful. A wonderful demonstration of how to put things together and I agree, the white paint made a huge difference in the overall look. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cabinet is beautiful! If I ever came to your home, you would find me in front of it "studying" all of your treasures! Even better if you were beside me, explaining their histories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Penny, I do love the white China cabinets vs the old dark wood. The white is such a nice back drop, very clean. I really like the white on white of the dinner ware etc and the delicate pink. It really says Valentine's to me.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look forward to your next post as I walk away inspired to decorate my home. You have such a talent and I enjoy your blog so much! Thank you for sharing your home and talent with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny, I adore your home. It is a good thing you painted the cabinets white after settlement or the previous owners may not have settled. What a huge difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The white paint really did transform the furniture and the room - It is so cheerful now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a practical how-to, Penny, and white paint is truly transformative! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!