Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

White Slip Covers and Why I put them on for the Upcoming Holiday Season


I love to have white furniture and white walls in our home.    Not only does all the white make our home bright and cheerful,   the neutral background makes it so easy to add any color for any season or holiday          


 
 I have made several slip covers to choose from but when fall comes around,   I like to have my solid white covers on      I love how pops of color look on a white background.   I don't like harsh bold pops of color though.     I pick pastels and water colors to accent with....such as the fall pillow covers you see on the love seat.

 
And of course it's no secret to anyone that I have a love for flowers.....
 

I was shopping our home the other day.....my favorite place to shop...lol.....and found this pretty tea set. It had just the colors in it that I needed to go in the family room for fall.
 

 The tea set and cookie jar belonged to my mother.....and I was with her the day she bought the cookie jar in Oklahoma at an antique store.


I normally put a throw on the arm of the love seat,  but for a change I picked out a piece of crochet from my stash that was just about the same size as a throw.     
 

I created an all white fall floral design for the coffee table using mums and little white pumpkins stems 


I have made several no sew slip covers for the sofa and love seat    This blue floral cover  is what I took off to put the neutral one on.
  

Here is the link to a post I did several years ago that shares how I make my no sew slip covers.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2019/05/no-sew-custom-slip-covers.html



 I haven't finished decorating the family room for fall yet.....so I will be back soon to share more!

 



2 comments:

  1. Everything is really lovely. I will be getting some fall things out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love slip covers and all white spaces. Love your living room, so cozy and feminine. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!